Thread: Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
wpasierb

My first bottom was last summer when we went to CA for my oldest daughters high school graduation. My AH drank from the morning we left, on the airplane, when we landed, and into the night. My sister, whom I hadn't seen in 5 years picked us up and he was drunk. He drank the whole trip. The last day of our trip he wanted to go hang out with his friends and leave the graduation party, but nobody would take him to where they were and they WERE NOT invited to the party. The party was at my ex husband's house and he doesn't drink but supplies plenty of liquor for guests, so my current husband got absolutely sloppy, mean, ugly and all of the other wonderful personality traits Alcoholics possess. That night he raged at me about what and awful person I was, etc...with my sister and her husband with us.

The second bottom was last summer after the CA trip when he started puking blood and was hospitalized with liver failure, and after he got home started drinking again. Unfortunately I'm still here with him, and I hope when I hit my third bottom I will leave.