Thread: Should I run??
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dogluvah

Thanks for the replies everyone. My initial thought was to run but...how often do you meet a guy that treats you like a princess?

That being said, it's ironic, because I'm in graduate school to be a clinical psychologist and I think I may want to deal with additions: alcohol, drugs,eating disorders, smoking, etc.

I also know that President Obama has just stopped smoking, and Michelle Obama married him knowing he was a smoker and never, ever liked it. If she had run because of the smoking, she would never have been first lady or had a family with Obama. He seems like a good father...Also, the speaker of the house has a smoking addiction. I also know a guy who smoked but stopped a year into a new relationship.

The group of us that stayed behind to socialize with him at his house went outside, and everyone lit up a cigarette besides me...One of the girls is a friend and I never knew she smoked. She said she only does it once in awhile and told me "nobody's perfect" when I told her my concerns about this guy smoking.

My point with this is...I don't know...still wondering if I should see how bad his smoking and drinking really is before I run.

FYI: He's 50, never married. I'm 45 and divorced.