View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
And perhaps I shouldn't have told them that mommy wasn't drinking. But I can't stand to see him not talking to his mom because of what he saw her doing. Yes, it is covering up for her, but it's no win either way.
You are not responsible for sheltering her from the logical consequences of her actions! Her choice and her actions make her own children not trust her. Yes, it's sad. But luring a child into having a false sense of security in an irresponsible adult is sadder. By lying for her, you are preventing her from owning up to what she continues to do to herself, to her children and to you, on a daily basis.

I would recommend that you cease engaging in her quacky discussions about how bad you are and how the breathalizer is faulty and blah blah quackety-blah. It's pointless to talk to her now. She is active in her addiction.

Look at her actions instead. So far, she's drank while in the tub, run away in the middle of the night to avoid getting tested, come back arguing about how bad a partner you are...Can you see the deflection?

I have serious doubts that a convo with the pastor is going to change a single thing. Call me negative, but words aren't going to change your wife's addiction.

IMO, at this point, it's time to speak to a lawyer about getting her out of the house and getting custody of the children.