Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
AlwaysGrowing

Originally Posted by nbunderstanding View Post
Our son's 4th Birthday falls on my husband's home group AA meeting night. I have taken the evening off so we can all go to dinner, our usual routine for the actual Birthday. Our son will be having a Birthday party on the weekend with his friends at a fun center. My husband says he wants us to hurry up with dinner so we can all go to his meeting. They have AA, Al-anon and daycare at that meeting. Our kids do enjoy going to this meeting but I felt that we should spend the evening together and not split up in different parts of the meeting.

My husband is very sensitive about his meetings. He spends most of his free time at meetings or AA related activities. Do you think it is inappropriate to ask him if we could skip this meeting just for the Birthday?
Having been on both sides I would say I respect your decision. He going to the meeting for him and his family. I understand that you would like him home and I'm sure he would as well. BUT, there are things that must be. Just think that is his period he needs to be the husband he is.

AG