View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RedBaron

Well, you were right to wave that flag.

Tonight she came home (after of course the nanny had gone and I was home with the kids) said a few words to one of the boys and headed straight to take a bath. That was odd in itself. Then our 6 year-old comes running up to me and whispers that he thinks his mom has been drinking as he can smell it on her breath. I go into the bathroom, and sure enough, I agree with him. So I go and get the breathalyser, and she makes a huge scene about how I'm not going to control her anymore, grabs the car keys, and speeds off. Clearly she's back on the booze again. I am frankly amazed: She's only been here four days, and she's already unable to control it. I know I am naive to be surprised, but I really expected more.

I have no idea what is going to happen now. She won't answer her cell phone, either to speak to me or to her sister, and I assume she won't be back tonight until very late so that the booze will have completely worn off. I seriously thought about calling the police to report her driving drunk in the car, but I don't really know whether she's over the limit or not, but perhaps I should have done it anyway. Sigh.

And we have a marriage counselling session scheduled with the pastor tomorrow night, which should be interesting!