View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HeyImme

Weighing my options

If I go with him to NC for his new job, I will be able to continue staying home with my kids...this is a huge deal to me and hard to toss aside with ease. This job is a HUGE pay raise, and we should be able to pay off debt very quickly once we're under the same roof. This would relieve a major stressor in our lives, plus give me the possibility of leaving later without facing bankruptcy...I do not have the earning potential that he does. I am not totally incapacitated by the thought of bankruptcy...just think it would be easier to rebuild without that in the mix as well. My kids are completely unaware of the problem, and I am wondering how in the world I would make them understand why we weren't going.

If I stay here, I will have to go to work and things will be very different financially, as well as for the kids (we currently homeschool), but I do have major support from my parents, other family members, friends and church, and I know we will be fine in the long run. I can move in with my parents any second I decide to...they are super wonderful.

I guess I wonder if my biggest priority is to be home with the kids, do I just go, detach, and get the most time with my kids as possible? Or do I go ahead and get out now out of fear as to how bad it might get?