View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
kilt

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
Agreed Bookwyrm. Kilt is, as he or she said, entitled to his/her opinions, but they are coming off as passive aggressively controlling and sanctimonious in his posts. My sponsor once told me not to should on other people, not to should on myself, and to not let others should on me. Kilt is doing a lot of shoulding here.

My 2 cents. Nothing personal.

Cyranoak
Um, and all the other people giving advice are not "shoulding" by their suggestions? We are talking about unspoken social rules. Someone elsewhere did a good job of explaining these unspoken boundaries, such as not eating food off another person's plate or standing a foot from a strangers face, or picking your nose in public.. I am simply pointing out a known unspoken social rule. "You don't bail on friends without explanation."

I know we all come to SR with alot of personal issues in tow, but it is pretty clear that alot of these responses are based on individual (emotionally charged) experiences. The girl is not here to defend herself or present her side of this situation. People have implied here some very nasty things about the girl base on their personal experiences dealing with drunks.

I am always going to let people know where they stand with me.