View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
crystal226

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
May I suggest blocking his email address and not reading his emails? One of the best things I did for myself when she was drinking was to stop reading emails, stop listening to messages, and not answering calls when I knew it was her.

Good luck with this. I know it's difficult.

Cyranoak
I have definitely considered that, but since we have kids and that is a place our lives still cross I like to have some means of communication (he doesn't have a phone). Instead of blocking him I set a boundary, I told him I was not going to respond to anything that wasn't practical and that I as going to delete them immediately if they looked like emotional stuff. I haven't been deleting them (still too curious to read the quacking I guess), but since I said that he also hasn't been sending as many, instead he has been making the house look better when I come by and being nicer. I guess he has moved onto a new tactic for now of trying to appear better, but I don't buy it and even his niceties are starting to not affect me anymore and when he sees that it isn't working he will just try something else (something that doesn't involve sobriety). Funny little game, isn't it?

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts.