View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Thumper

A blood alcohol level of .34 in a pregnant woman is alarming - and a strong indication of ongoing alcohol abuse.

The wheels often turn slowly but they do turn. That social worker will eventually make contact.

I am only familiar with the system where i live but if you do not proactively find child care for your toddler - or take emergency leave to be with him yourself, there would be a very good chance that the toddler would be removed from the home and put into foster care on the basis of that hospital visit and that if there are not plans in place - the baby could go directly to foster care after birth.

This is very serious stuff. I know that for me personally, it was hard for me to focus on the important stuff because everything was so crazy. I was not prioritizing and focusing well. I put my focus in the wrong places (and just did not focus) and I have regrets about that now. Focus on keeping your toddler 100% safe, and making contacts to find out your options in regards to protecting your unborn child. The rest (your relationship, your wife, all the rest) will get figured out in time but the children can't wait. They need to be on top and get all your focus right now. Once I started doing that I began to gain some strength.

It also helped me a lot to see an individual counselor because it was a very difficult time.