View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Floss

Inquirewithin, I'm so sorry you're going through this nightmare. I feel compelled to tell you that you need to protect your children now. They are being abused. Your unborn child is at severe risk for permanent damage as you know. What can you do to make sure your wife doesn't drink whilst she's pregnant? I don't know what the laws are there or whether she can be forced into a facility but you need to get legal advice on what your options are. And your toddler is at extreme risk too. It's a terrible situation. I know you're away from the house 10 hours a day due to work, however can you take some time off work? There's no time to waste. It's awful that you have no family support. You are all these kids have. Please, for their wellbeing and safety, help them as they have no voice. You need to be their voice. The placenta does not filter or protect your unborn child from the affects of alcohol. Your unborn child is getting drunk as your wife is and as you've said, your toddler is feeling the affects of your wife's drinking too. You have no control over what will happen in the future regarding custody. You only have control over what is happening now. My heart goes out to you. Please keep reading and posting and get thyself to a lawyer fast!