Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
grizz

smacked,
a very good and gentle response to to Jay. Jay....you sound a lot like I did when I first entered this life with my beloved, five years ago. I had the perfect life and felt my wife and I could talk about anything. The first 22 years were amazing together. We would go out for dinner and have a glass of wine with dinner or at home while watching a movie. Then it went to a couple glasses. As the second glass was gone I would say I think that is enough for the night and that would be that. Fast forward to today. My wife and I for the most part have a great marriage. We still enjoy each others company, we still go out for dinner and have a glass or two. But now when we get home I hang out and my AW opens a new bottle and has it gone in about 2 hours and then falls asleep. I have had a ton of "talks" with her. My kids have all had talks with her. She will look at us, says she appreciates the concern and then pours another. I spent a lot of time, energy, sleepless nights, prayers and anything else to try and convince her... to no avail. I am not saying you are at that point, but smacked was dead on with what she is saying. I hope and pray that your life takes a better path, but remember, you didnt cause this and you cant cure it.

grizz