View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

I don't think you're being negative. I think you are being realistic and honest with yourself. Those of us who have been abused often minimize the harm our partners do to us, perhaps to protect ourselves emotionally, to make it easier to go on with the relationship, despite the abuse.

In my experience, I had to "open my eyes" to everything XAH had done to me and was continuing to do to me, in order to realize I *had* to leave.

As always, I made a list of all the things about being with him I wouldn't miss. It was very liberating. Then I made a second list of all the things I could look forward to when I was gone...like, "no more yelling, no more broken glass, no more picking up empties, no more stressing about money being spent on booze instead of food, etc etc".

I'm so glad you're taking steps to leave justsotired. You know you can always come back to SR and post as much as you like. SR is always here and there's invariably somebody around, either on the forum or even in the chat room, to talk to.

*hugs*