Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nbunderstanding

Thank you all for the comments. I don't expect my husband to skip meetings altogether, he will be attending 3 meetings earlier in the day and this will be his 4th one of the day, but it is his home group which he enjoys and is very important to him.

I am not going to be bringing this up to him or making it an issue. It seems a bit harsh for some of the comments that make it seem as if my wanting us to have a family night on our son's Birthday as me not supporting his recovery and AA work. It was just one night, not something that is on going or trying to compete with AA. Our time is limited together as I work many hours to support my family; my husband has been out of work since rehab and has not felt strong enough to return to work yet (he had an executive position that was very high stress job which he and his colleagues went and had martini lunches or conducted business meetings on the golf course drinking ect. . . He is considering switching fields where drinking isn’t so prevalent, which I think is a great choice on his part.)

When our family member enters into rehab, our lives are a mess. Most families believe and have hope that things will get better and they will be able to enjoy Birthday's and holidays together. There have been so many missed or neglected in the pasted due to addiction. Maybe at this time it is expecting too much of my husband but it is still something I wish for inside. My son will be fine and I will be fine we just enjoy having him there, nothing more, defiantly not undermining his recovery process.