Old 02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Your post seems so focused on him and on somehow making him understand, through your behaviour, that you do not condone his drinking. If you do not condone said drinking, then perhaps you need to say it once, simply, then you might want to figure out where your personal boundaries lie and enforce them, not to affect/punish/influence him, but for your own sake. I don't really see the point in creating a false sense of normalcy when you are clearly not satisfied with the situation. To me, "being nice" = not rocking the boat, which is a futile exercise IMO.

From re-reading your post, it sounds like you're already solo parenting most of the time...is this how you want your life? Is this what you want for your daughters?

Just as an aside, my XAH also never left the couch...so much so that his butt left an imprint in his spot. He lorded over the house from that spot...yelled at me and his son, played his countless video games, watched his many movies, occasionally played with our baby girl, with his drink in hand or close by. Now that we're divorced, I've come to realize that I simply will not accept a partner who isn't able to get off his @ss to participate actively in the household, whether it be to shovel snow, make dinner, participate in parenting, or keep the house in a semblance of order. I deserve an equal partner and I can honestly say I work my butt off everyday to "bring home the bacon" AND to be a present parent for my little girl.