Old 02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Golden if you don’t mind me asking, how long has it been that you and the ex are apart?

I think I need a support group for ex’s of addicts because I’m not “feeling” any kind of support from my “normal” friends – all they say is just get over it and move on. I’m not finding a lot of support in my al-anon group as they are all either still married or doing everything possible to hold the relationship together. I guess I kind of rain on there parade of hope now that I’ve shared that my relationship is over.

In my area all there are is death support groups. – that’s how I feel like a death has happened but I don’t even fit into that group!

It’s been 3 months since I moved out and 7 weeks of no contact. My ex is in recovery and working a program AGAIN but none of that matters anymore, so much damage has been done, the same damage over and over again that I think he knows it’s for the best for both of us. I guess I am past my angry stage and hitting the overwhelming sadness. These past 3 or 4 days I’ve been doing nothing but crying at the drop of a hat. Just wish I had someone in real life who understands what I am going through and how I feel!
We've been apart since mid-October. The weird part is I didn't look forward to seeing him anymore because he was so miserable to be around and I didn't miss him when it ended. But I still feel all this pain. There was a time long ago before he got so bad when he was nice and there was a soul in there. He disappeared over the last couple of years in all the booze.

I don't feel a lot of support from friends or family either. I try not talk about it very much because I know that they're reaction is "just get over it and move on" and it just doesn't work that way when someone tears you down like that.