Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Goldengirl-I know how you feel. I was verbally abused, cheated on, bullied, objectified, etc by my ex as well. We have only been separated for a short while now, but I am still feeling the pain of all that. Just because someone is out of your life, doesnt mean that the pain goes away. My self-esteem is so low from him and its probably going to take a long time to forget about all the bad things that were done and said to me. I feel for you. I guess what is getting me through is that I keep thinking that at least he's someone else's problem now and he is putting someone else through all the insanity that he put me through. Then I dont feel so bad because he always blamed me for why he was so miserable and why he drank....whats his excuse now....he's probably worse off now because he is still drinking but doesnt have his punching bag anymore (me)

My ex would also threaten to leave me when we were together for women that were more fun and liked to drink more than me. But you know what, that doesnt work either. You cant base a relationship off of alcohol and could you imagine two people in a room together drunk quacking at each other? Its bad enough with one drunk person in a relationship...I could never imagine the chaos with two drunk people.