View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

hi there Coffeelover. I'm so sorry you had a rough week-end, but I'm glad you called 911 and had professionals deal with the situation.

I second naive's suggestions: it's time to reach out for help. Your friends, your church, and perhaps even through your work's Employee Assistance Program for some counselling. You need support!

I also wanted to chime in with regards to childcare. My DD has been in daycare since she was 10 months. I had no choice about it since I was the main breadwinner for the family and I wouldn't trust XAH alone with a baby. She's been in an in-home daycare and now she's in a big center. She is well-adjusted, very social and her language skills have exploded since being in the center. They're not all bad, and can actually be really good when you find the right place and keep the lines of communication open with the caregivers. I think it would be a good idea to investigate childcare for your little ones, so that you can at least be at ease about them not being in the care of an alcoholic.

Please keep posting and reading as much as you need!