View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Hey Rechellef! At least your husband asks your permission to go out. Not saying that what your husband is doing is ok. My ex ABF would just go out and not care what I said. And every weekend. If I wanted to hang out with him I had to go to the bar because that's all he would do on the weekends. He was very nice and charming at the beginning of our relationship but after awhile, he became very emotionless towards me and if I ever crossed him about his drinking or anything he wanted to do, he emotionally and verbally cut me down. Everything became a struggle.

I would not feel guilty because you have to participate in the relationship just as much as he does and your feelings are just as equal to his. I guess you just have to decide for yourself if its worth it or not to stay in that type of relationship because from what I hear and read on this site, alcoholism progresses and gets worse, unless the alcoholic hits some sort of rock bottom and decides to stop for themselves. Until that happens, it is a daily struggle to understand and cope with someone who has an addiction because to an alcoholic drinking is their "true love" even over their partner as sad as that may sound.