View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xvg

Do I keep bailing her out? Help please

Hi all,

I started dating a recovering alcoholic last year and had no idea how bad that was for her recovery and my own well being. Really had no experience with it. She grew very attached quickly and was hurt when I said that I wasn't ready for all this. We are still on friendly terms, though.

Problem is that every once in a while I get phone calls from other people on her phone. Anyone know where this is going?

"Hi, this is XXX and I am calling from your friend's phone. She's been drinking a lot and keeps saying your name. Can you come pick her up at xxxx?"

For a while I would go and pick her up and hide her at my house until she sobered up. I felt bad if I didn't because she would be kicked out of her house. She would also face 12 months jail time if the police get involved.

I feel really bad because she does work hard, but then has these occasional mishaps. She's a very sweet person and hurting so bad on the inside...

But I am so sick of dealing with it. I feel like I am just enabling the behavior, however infrequent it may be. So I am just telling the people who call me that I dunno, check her phone for other names to call. I feel like such an *******.