View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tryintosmile

Originally Posted by JACKRUSSELLGIRL View Post
Tonight on his way to work he says, why don't I take next weekend off and we go away and then tries to kiss me goodbye. WTF, is he not listening to me at all?? I do not get it. One minute he seems to agree about what is happening and the next he acts like we are still together.

I was in your situation not very long ago. Thought I was going to make my exit when the house sold, and did my planning to get out. Somehow, I got caught up in his hope that something new might work out better in a new town, new place and here I am in the new house.

I can tell you now that it was because HE had no plans for us to end the relationship and I'd counted on him being on the same page. What I've learned since spending more time here is that if you expect him to be onboard with you, it likely won't happen. I believe that when the actual ending is near, the addict is on his best behavior in order to make sure that it DOESN'T happen. Even if there is a part of him that knows it's for the best, he's too afraid for the change.

This is where 'the courage to change what you can' comes into play. You need to dig deep to find that courage right now, or nothing will change. It hasn't for me. Same situation, different house.