Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

For me my most massive goal is a home of my own again. I was a homeowner once before and a long saga later I am down to renting a room in the back of a house packed in with my two dogs and three cats like sardines in a can.

It started out with a wish to rent an apartment late last summer. I got up the moxie to call a realtor about renting a house they had for sale and that led to looking into renting to one day own the place. Got that door shut in my face, but I had the fever and couldn't give up so I got another opinion and found out about a government program to help me buy a place. I enlisted the help of a loan adviser and from there I waited 3 whole months and all I got were empty promises so I summoned up that old moxie again and when the new year struck I decided to go right to that government office myself and ask them directly what I needed to do buy I house of my own.

Now, I am a little bitter that I could have done this months ago and bought a place by now, but I have faith that my path has been as it should be.

I am now a month into what is rumored to be a 3 or 4-month long process, but so far so good.

My goal is to be in a new place of my own before October 31st. That will give me time to make it my own before spending the holidays in a new nest.

I have set so many goals in the last 4 years from quitting smoking, improving my health, losing weight, furthering my new career working from home, seeking recovery and the 12 steps, and finally leaving my EX and striking out on my own.

Looking on that list I remember how insurmountable they all seemed at the time. Buying a home again seems entirely impossible, too, but it's my faith in myself and my HP that tells me to get out there and try anyway.

Great thread!!

Good luck to us all in the goals we have challenged ourselves with!!!

Alice