View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
I felt like my ex participated in NO way whatsoever at the end. Anyone else feel that way? That's why it was easy for me to leave, I felt like I was getting nothing out of it. And he had this list about me that he was unhappy with and I remembered asking him more than once, what do I get? And his answer was, "Me!!" And I wondered what in the world made him think he was so special that I was supposed to do all the work, be griped at all the time, and work on this stupid list of things he didn't like about me...and all he had to do with grace me with his moody presence? lol.
You could be describing my XABF perfectly here.

Mine was always talking about how he was comfortable alone, but to be honest he was only comfortable if he was feeding one of his addictions.
Alcohol, me, or spending money.
So he could go to the bookstore or the toy store for hours, but he always bought a lot of stuff. He was afraid to be home alone, and towards the end wouldn't go anywhere without me.
He was emotionally and verbally abusive. Wasn't very physical - when I started jumping out of his car he'd start grabbing my arm really hard, and he'd always slap my shoulder if he was on the phone and thought he was being clever - "Make sure you're paying attention! I'm being really smart here!" was basically what it meant.

He wasn't a partier, he was a quiet drinker. When he went to a bar or dinner he'd never order more two shots - usually he'd only order a single shot - but the cashiers in all the liquor stores knew him, and his favorite one (closest to my apartment) started buying crateloads of half pints of Seagram's Seven and keep them well stocked because that's what he always bought (and usually three a day). Everyone else usually carried mostly the pints.

That's pretty sad, when a liquor store's ordering practices changes because of one person, but it did.