View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chelle3

I felt like my ex participated in NO way whatsoever at the end. Anyone else feel that way? That's why it was easy for me to leave, I felt like I was getting nothing out of it. And he had this list about me that he was unhappy with and I remembered asking him more than once, what do I get?
This is my AH too. Usually very quiet, totally self contained. He interacts very little with anyone, family or friends. He does try to make conversation, but since all he does is drink and has no hobbies, he doesn't have much to talk about.

For almost all our marriage I receieved nothing, no I love yous unless I said it 1st, probably 4 compliments in 18 yrs, only went out if it was something he wanted to do and had to involve alcohol. Refused dates with me towards the end, even extravagant things like a night at the beach. Refused to do anything I enjoy because he didn't like it. Refused to do things he used to like because he's too far gone. When I asked him what I was getting he said finacial stability. That after 5 yrs of only getting paid 60% of the time. Some months there would be no income, sometimes 1/2. Yeah Thanks.

He's usually a quiet drunk except when he feels like arguing, then I will hear my list of faults.