View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
boomerlady

my AH sounds similar to yours, goldengirl. He loves people and thinks that anyone who comes to our home, whether to work on it or whatever, is coming to see him and be entertained by him! He does the same with a group of friends that we mutally have...he's the source of entertainment in his mind. The more he drinks the more he talks and usually it's just quack, quack, quack. He's either boasting about himself or telling a story that's he's embellished for the sake of his listeners. To me after a few drinks, he can be rude and hard to deal with, to others, he's the life of the party whether there is a party or not. He fools many people and many are surprised that he's an AH...that is those who are not familiar with other AHs. He's also obsessed with not being alone and has made comments about others being doomed to be alone. I know this will come up when I file for divorce. It's amazing to me though that the AH can look at it like that since we are truly alone ourselves the whole time we stay with them. They don't participate in the relationship in anyway shape or form, but they don't mind leaving us to deal with everything alone.