View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by sprman24 View Post
Well i have one more question: When i read to alot of threads here, the most people seem to leave their friends, BF, husbands, wife,...etc.
My BF wants to get help, at least that what he said. He went to Detox, all by himself, i mean he aranged everything with out my help. Which is great, so i thought.
When i talked to him the last time, why he went to detox and why he wants to go to rehab, i really couldn't answer. He says always, I know i have a problem with drinking, but I want to do it in my timeframe. I want to quit, when I am ready to do so and not because, u or my family tells me to.
What should i think about it? Does he means that. Is his havey drinking after detox, just the last time for him to enjoy it and then get help? If i would leave him, would it help him? Does it not hurt me more, to let him go? Questions over questions and no answer, what to do.

In front of my friends, i feel like I am dumm. Everytime again I have to tell them, wow he is doing something against drinking and then wum, he starts again. I make a fool out of myself. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP ! What should i tell him. Which rules can i give, that he understands, I am there for him, but he can't use me.
Sprman,

Your questions are good ones and people who come to SR often describe what you are describing and pose the same questions.

Having had the same questions you have, it has been very helpful to me to learn about the disease of alcoholism. It has also helped me to focus and work on myself, and better understand the role I choose to play in relationships with alcoholics.