Old 02-05-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
FindingPeace1

[QUOTE=Learn2Live;2854216]--

Honestly, I could probably write a good three pages or more listing all the ways I conformed to someone else's idea of who and what I should be. But ultimately, what I know (now) is that I can't allow myself to be manipulated and controlled anymore. I take responsibility for the role I played in all these relationships.
-It is up to me to build and maintain my self-esteem so that I don't compare myself to others anymore.
-It is up to me to parent myself, to take care of me, and to maintain a relationship with my Higher Power, so that during times of stress I do not run to other people to take care of my needs.
-It is up to me to know what I want out of my life, and to do the work that will get me there, instead of giving it over to someone else.
-It is up to me to maintain my sobriety and avoid the people, places and things that "make" me drink. It is up to me to avoid participating in activities that I will regret later on.
-It is up to me to know what is my responsibility and what is someone else's, and not to do or spend money on what I do not own.
-It is up to me to know what is within my control and what is not, and not accept responsibility for, or try to change, that which is not within my control.
-It is up to me to remain aware of the games people play, and to avoid toxic people.
[QUOTE]

This is pure gold.
Thanks so much for this!:ghug3