Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dancingnow

Originally Posted by SKW View Post
I am going to choose one room in my house each month to completely clean, purge of cr@p and organize. Years of living in unacceptable mental chaos has led to (at least for my comfort) living in unacceptable physical disorganization.

Last month I did my youngest son's room. This month, it is my room. I was going to do my oldest kiddo's room first but then I realized that I deserve a haven, not a laundry pit...and I come first. YAY!

ETA: Great post, Crusher! TY!
Ditto for me. I am so looking forward to this, I can't believe I actually have the energy to clean now.

I am also working on living in the moment - I bought a Thich Nhat Hanh CD "The Art of Mindful Living" and am practicing this.

In some of my other readings, I recall that it said if you have goals made and you clear your mind of stress and worry and live in the moment you will have clear thoughts to help you move toward your goals.

Thanks SC for getting this thread going to get those goals down and ready to be worked on.

I am also going to make a list of all the activities I said I wanted to do but didn't do in the last 10 years and decide which ones I really want to do and make those goals and say goodbye to the ones I don't want to do. (may be some I was thinking about doing for the wrong reasons)

I am going to keep my job for now but am putting aside some $ in case I decide I really do want to work independently and will have some cushion to get that started.