View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Ah, Friday. I love Fridays, now that XABF is out of the apartment.

FRIDAY:
I'll be going shopping with some of my neighbors. I know it sounds silly, but we intend to go to dinner, then go to the supermarket. Since most of my neighbors are elderly, and half of them don't have cars, it's a tradition for them - and this week, I'm invited. I'm probably the designated driver, unless this other lady and her sister join in.

SATURDAY:
Going to my psychologist, then taking the kitten to the vet for the first time in her life. I will do my best to make the experience a positive one for her, since she's young now - my cat growing up HATED the vet and it was always a struggle to get him to go. Maybe I can convince Peaches that it's part of a fun day. (Maybe I'll take her to PetSmart afterward, and let her pick out something for herself, just like a little kid. :p)

SUNDAY:
I'll be going to my Uncle's house for dinner. I haven't seen my Aunt and Uncle since I started going to school in the area; he lives 20 minutes from me. It will be fun, and I am looking forward to it immensely.

Also, all weekend I have been working on a puzzle. It's one of those "Murder Mystery" puzzles, where you read the story, assemble the puzzle, then try and solve the crime. The kitten has been pretty good about not playing with the puzzle or eating the puzzle pieces, and now that I have the outside frame almost done I've been making good progress, and I've really gotten into the whole puzzle/story. It will be fun!
Once the puzzle is done, I intend to sit down and read some more of "Codependent No More."