Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by JustBeaches4me View Post
I didn't tell my AXBF that I was going back to college for several months after I applied and was accepted because he constantly criticized me for a previous attempt that I failed at (I dropped out of a program because I couldn't keep up with it, plus work the 60 hours per week that he expected me to work). He also tried to make me feel bad and wouldn't take me out to dinner/movies/etc. while I was going to school because I was "wasting" my time and money when I should just work, according to him. He thought that he shouldn't have to pay for "everything". So, we just stayed in on our "dates". If we did eat together, at home, it was what he wanted and dinner was always super late, right before bedtime at usually midnight or so. Although he wouldn't admit it, he just didn't want food to ruin his all evening drinking binge (every night). By the time I usually insisted we eat before bed, he was usually too drunk to even eat, so I would maybe scrounge up a sandwich in his fridge. Or, frozen pizza. That's all he would eat, 5 or 6 nights a week. And this was a 42 year old man, not a college kid.

I could go on and on, but there's too many ways I conformed. Live and learn, as they say.
This is why I so strongly believe that ALL women should live alone for an extended period of time. Preferably going to college right out of high school, and then onto their own place after college. I did it all backwards, but am grateful that I did it either way.