Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

He always picked what was on TV.
He picked where we went on weekends.
He picked what restaurants we ate at. (Sometimes we discussed, but it was always his choice that decided what won.)
He didn't like my family so I stopped talking to them.
He didn't want me to spend time with anyone other than him so I didn't.
He wanted to spend tons of money on the weekends so I maxed out three credit cards and lived with an average of $2 (actually it was -$998, since I had a $1k credit limit on my checking account) in my bank account.
He got impatient when I took my time doing things so I learned to rush and do thinks haphazardly.
He didn't like when I made mistakes so I tried to try and figure out how to rush and still be perfect.
He wanted to decorate my apartment so I gave up having input. (Seriously, the only thing I picked in that apartment by myself was the living room set - he HATED it but I wouldn't budge - especially since I knew he'd hate the set he picked out once it was delivered. All the other furniture I'm okay living with, and has grown on me, but I love the living room set because it was ALL my input and NONE of his and it's SO warm and comfortable.)

Basically, I completely gave up ME.

On top of that, I started getting into trouble at work because of him. I actually almost got fired once - and he STILL doesn't know any of this, and never will at this point, because I don't want him to know anymore.