Old 02-03-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Why did I conform to fit someone's elses wants and needs?

Looking back now that I have broken up with my XABF all I ever did was conform who I was to fit what he wanted so I could always get his approval. Even if it meant lying or going to rediculous measures. For example, working so many hours of overtime at my job so I could make more money because he wanted someone to take him out to dinner and pay for his golf outings even though I hated working so much. Pretending that I liked to drink and party when I actually grew out of it years ago because he wanted a party girl.

I was laid off from my job for a few months but was hired back to another position and the whole time that I was off I didnt tell him because I thought he would see me as weak if I didnt have a constant income to support us. He saw money as strength. I only told him that I got a new job when I started at my new position. How crazy is all this that I couldnt be me and always had to be the "man" in the relationship when in reality I am a 25 yr old female! Does anyone have any stories they want to share about how they conformed to fit their partners crazy ideas of what they thought a relationship should be like??