Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hello Marlin, and pardon me for jumping in

First off, congratulations on the wonderful news about your wife. I can't even imagine how relieved you must feel at the slow but positive change in her attitude.

Originally Posted by MarlinVX View Post
....I have a few resources to check on. At a minimum,they said we could go to a family counselor, me and the boys. That would help some. Not their specialty, but better than nothing.....
Because of the age of your boys a family counselor would actually be better, as that would help improve the "bond" between you and your children. If you shop around a little you will find that there are family counselors that specialize in alcoholism and drug addiction issues. A good place to get a reference for such counselors is at a meeting of al-anon, because most people at those meetings are seeing either a counselor or a lawyer. Just walk in, sit thru the meet and at the end tell folks that you would like to know if anybody has a good counselor.

Another resource is al-anon meetings at the larger military bases. Check with the base Chaplain, meetings are usually held in the chapel. The smaller bases might not have the meetings in the chapel, but they'll be around somewhere.

Mike
Moderator, SR