Old 02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Set 1 massive goal. Keep it. Tell us about it.

Here's the deal with this thread. We all talk about doing something for ourselves. We're all in different stages of doing this and I realize that for many, including myself, this is a daily chore. We all talk about what we do that makes us feel good. Baths, shaving, listening to music, etc.

I want to tell you about a major goal I've made and I'm interested in what other people want to do. These are things you've never done before but always dreamed of doing.

For me, I wanted to learn how to play a musical instrument. My goal is to learn how to play an acoustic guitar. I know nothing about them. So far, since setting this goal the other day, I've found a class. It's 6 months long and taught by someone who already does music classes for my son. I know her. Small world eh. I've sent her an email regarding the availability of an upcoming class. If it's open, my first class will be in April. So to refine this goal a bit. I will have completed a beginners course in acoustic guitar playing in 2011.

I suspect between now and then, I'll have saved enough money to buy a guitar and perhaps even a beginner book. Something to keep me entertained until class starts. I'll keep you posted and I'd like to hear from a few other people.