View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Been there (only the house I loved into was in better shape than your Mom's - albeit looking a little like someone with a hoarding disorder!) done that.

I am exactly 30 days into living at Mom's with my two teenage daughters and my two neurotic dogs. It took two full weeks to get set up and feel somewhat coherent again, and now two weeks later I feel more settled but still very disoriented. Expect that. It will pass but over time. The feelings you have now are normal. I was so angry this morning - for no REAL reason - that by the time I got to work I had worked myself up to a full on cry-session. Tomorrow I may wake up feeling relieved again to be somewhere, anywhere, where there is peace. It seems to come and go.

I have no advice other than to say let yourself roll through the emotions and keep reminding yourself this too shall pass. It's temporary. You need to heal (physically and emotionally) and then you have the rest of your life to plan and craft! That's exciting!

Remember the serenity prayer. You have a lot of courage already. Don't second guess yourself too much.