View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
justsotired

i know, I've spent so long making excuses for his behavior, listening to his put downs and trying to do what I can to feel good enough for him. Like If I can be strong enough, and take care of everything that he will be happy or at least at a place where he is ready to give up drinking. I know it is very twisted to think that way but that's where I've been mentally. I am seeing now how I have been enabling his addiction and allowing myself to be a victim of it. I have spent so long pretending that there isn't a problem, that it is kind of shocking to me to see my life for what it is.
I have no freedom, he checks all my emails, phone calls, all my money has gone to him. I am trying to plan an exit strategy put having to hide everything is so hard. I told him i am opening my own bank account Friday, I am so scared what the fallout will be if I do. If it comes to that I will walk out without anywhere to go but I am trying to get enough put aside so that I may ... be able to get a little space of my own.