View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

As far as the CS, I think each state is different. Child Support Services could only award back to the date of my application and based only on what he was currently making.

With the divorce, the court was able to make the payments due back to the date of our separation. If he hadn't been working at the time (which was incredibly likely) they could have calculated based on what he is capable of earning.

It's been over a year since I filed with Child Support Services, I got a grand total of $100 through their initial efforts before XAH quit and they had to start all over in tracking him down. It's been about 2 months since the divorce became final and the court order put his past due back to the date of separation. Still nothing. I'm not really expecting much. He'll quit again. But it's on record and it's accruing, for what ever that's worth. It doesn't hurt to talk to some to see what the options are.

And you don't have to make any decisions right away. It will be OK to tell him you need more time if you want it.