View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Like Shellcrusher, I didn't go out too much before XAH anyway. I was pretty happy curled up in a chair reading. But, if a friend called and said "Hey! We're hanging out here." I'd go. After living with XAH, I didn't go. I stopped seeing my family, for much the same reasons that StarCat mentioned. Plus it was too draining to make up excuses for why XAH wasn't there, or why XAH was being an a-- if he was there.

I became the master of "I'm doing great! How's you're day going?" with a smile on my face when co-workers would ask how I was doing. I became an even better listener than I already was and would manuever any discussion back to their weekend, their week, their plans rather than actually answer any questions about mine.

I definitely feel like a shadow, but I think I'm s_l_o_w_l_y re-gaining my substance, my solidity. It's taking a lot of work and some days I really do not want to do it, but the alternative is fading away again. I didn't like it when dealing with XAH made me feel like nothing and I don't want to make myself feel that way.