View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
jrlcpl

Originally Posted by Strucken View Post
Wow I can totally relate to your fears....Im seeking legal advice and trying to get my 2 babies now. All I can say is all of us dads get the brunt end of the legal system...The damn mother could snort coke off our kids back while sleeping with a stranger and keep kids. We spank them one time for acting up will never see them again....Sorry but so true!

Good luck!
Well I am at the beginning of this new chapter in my life and I will post updates. I really believe at the end of the day the judge will want what is best for the children. I think the key is laying out your case that your spouse is an alcoholic and at this point in their lives they are unfit to be a parent. Luckily I have a lot of documentation because my STBXAW has been to so many treatment centers. I also have video of when I came home for work and she was drunk and passed out with our 2 kids. I specifically asked my lawyer if he has dealt with men in this situation and he basically said when alcohol/drugs are involved gender does not matter. It's what is best for the kids. I can provide a safe, stable environment whereas my spouse cannot. End of story. But like I said I will post updates because I know there are many in similar situations and it helped me to read their stories. I will try and do my part to continue sharing mine.