Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
elizajane1961

continue this thread

I am so happy to have found this site. I wish I had last year. I currently met this very nice man. In recovery for 5 years. Works his program very well. Involved at various levels every day. We've chatted, emailed and texted for two weeks. We finally go out. Have a great time. See each other the next day. Get a little "close" not totally intimate. I invited him in after we had spent the bulk of a day together (he took me an open meeting -- I"m familiar with those) I thought he might like to rest after he drove so much. He started getting "touchy-feely" I said "well, we don't have to do that -- let's just sit and talk" he said oh ok. We sat on the couch for about 10 minutes, he decided that he needed to leave and he left with each of us having the understanding that we would still like to see each other. I've barely heard a word from him for two days. I sent him an email, a rather practical one, stating I understood all of his obligations and that I would still like to see him etc. He responded in kind saying that while he enjoyed the time together it he was rather tired and it was "rather draining" but he too would like to continue to call, text, email. So did I "reject" him or am I just reading too much into this? I don't really know how I feel, well I feel rejected and disappointed. We really connected on many levels. I don't have that experience very often. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!