Old 02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MissGuided

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
My axw was hospitalized for 10 days with ascites related to her drinking, a few months back. Yeah, after all she's put everyone through, I won't lie, I had thoughts of "get on with it already". I don't feel a speck of guilt either, I'm happy to report.

I'm really relieved and impressed to read that you didn't cave to the pressure from your MIL to take him into your home after his release. Good job, and you are exactly right, your and your daughters needs come before his. He's done this to himself. I'm sure if he was suffering from some other "disease", and you weren't already separated, things would be some different.

You are being a good Mom, keep up the good work. Please take care of yourself, so you can better serve the needs of your little girl.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Thanks Coyote! I love the way you just know what is good for you and yours and you make no apologies for it thank you very much!! I wish I could be more like you. I am working on it.

So nobody pressured me to take him in but it just felt like the big elephant in the room, know what i mean? Like everyone is waiting for me to offer... and trust me this is not my imagination.
I was the only one instrumental in making him go to rehab last year (a mistake i now know), I was the only one that got him to the hospital in November while his family just walked past him every day watching him drink and get yellower and yellower! He could have died on that couch at his mothers and they would only have noticed when he started to smell. I kid you not!
Im not being a martyr here at all, but they need to step up to the plate! to be fair they seem to be much more in participation now. But somewhere deep down I feel that its too late and I feel resentment towards them for just sitting back and letting me deal with it all up until now. So now I am like YOUR TURN!!!!!!!!! AAAARGGHH!