Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MissGuided

Well I was just talking to his mother and I was saying that I got the feeling that when AH is discharged he wants to come and stay with me (just his hints about trouble with stairs - I have no stairs etc)
But I made it clear to her that that was not going to happen, and I hope that nobody was going to expect that as I couldnt deal with it emotionally, mentally and physically. and that we were still seperated after all and that I didnt want to expose DD to seeing her daddy like that day in, day out. And that god forbid something happened to him she wasnt going to remember him like that
She responded that DD had already seen him being ill the last few months when he was staying at her house and when DD was over there while she was babysitting for DD. I got defensive then.
I apologized for snapping and that I was going thru alot of emotions right now as I am sure she was. She started to cry then and say that she only meant that DD was probably already aware of her daddys illness. I felt HORRIBLE!! I said it was probably my own guilt talking as i didnt want him to stay here with me.
But we left on a good note, I think we both just realize the stress takes its toll some days. (She could probably benefit from this site, bless her)
Anyway it is tough because we learned today he is in renal failure now too. It doesnt look good without a transplant SOON! And that must be devestating for her to accept that her only sons death could be imminent.
oh what a mess.
anyway as usual, thanks for listening to the vent my wonderful SR friends!!