View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
kiki5711

Address the cause of sleep loss, address the cause of the anxiety, address the cause of the pain. Maybe most times the answer is to suck it up. If you can drive your butt to the doc to begin with, you are probably fine and just need to get over it. As someone mentioned earlier, we are a society of pill poppers and easy answers. We are willing to pay for those pills, and it is a HUGE HUGE HUGE economy of drugs.
That was me. "Sucking it up" "no matter what". Well, you know when you're in a battle for years on end, IT wears you out. PHysically, mentally, emotionally.

I refused to go to a psychiatrist and take antidepressants. I thought it's for weak people. But I started braking down. After my husband kept insisting that I should get some help, I finally went.

10 yrs later and more battles with life (family, kids, job) then finally dealing with two cancers I turned to the bottle. Again, I thought I could handle it myself. Again at the insistance of my husband (even after drinking while he was mad at me) I finally took his advice and went to rehab.

I know all too well about the greatest industry on earth. The pharma corp. I cringe every time I see advertisement for "cancer cure". THere's more money in it "NOT to find the cure". One chemo treatment costs from $6,000 to $9,000. I had to go to 12 treatments. If I didn't have insurance under my husband, I'd be "gone" by now. Then all the meds you have to take while on the treatemnt and afterwords. You become their cash cow for life.