View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
kiki5711

Did she swallow the pills on her own, yes, but if you can't trust a doctor, who do you trust. Where do you draw the line? By the time the problem is recognized, it is far too late. Her drinking didn't start until the meds were out of control. This is the doctor's fault 100%. I wish I could actually do something about it.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. We all know very well there's good doctors, there's bad doctors and it's up to US to ASK for information and decide if we're going to take the recommendation from the doctor or not. Whatever happened to "second opinion"? If you don't feel trustworthy to one doctor, why not go to a different one?

I have always asked questions about medications I was prescribed. Even going through battling two cancers and going through chemo, I don't just do everything suggested. When I find out the side effects of the medication I feel "I'll take my chances" without them because of the horroble side effects.

At some point we have to be grown ups and be responsible what we put in our mouth. You can't just say that you trust someone just because they're a doctor. Do you trust all Lawyers are the same?

I chose the hospital that would do surgery on me, not the doctor that initially diagnosed me with the cancer. I went where I felt would be best for me.

Your wife is not a baby. She may be addicted and will need time to recover, but don't try to order her around so much. She'll resent you even more.