Thread: So sad
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
NBK

Yeah, the slapping is totally out of character for me. I'm usually so easy and laid back. I still can't believe I am actually capable of being that angry.

His acid reflux started acting up again over the weekend - he's been vomiting since yesterday. His acid reflux is severe, and I just know it's because of the booze. He takes 4 different prescription meds for it everyday. He was too sick to drive home this afternoon and his mom took him to the ER. He's there now. He called me at work moaning and groaning about how much his stomach and throat hurt and on and on. He wanted sympathy and I didn't have any. I told him for once in his life he had to be honest and admit to the ER doc how much he really drinks (I still have no idea how much he really drinks). I told him again for like the millionth time that his boozing is going to kill him. He's having a MRI done for the pain in his right side - wonder if it's his appendix? More likely his liver. I wonder if liver damage shows up on an MRI.

Funny how I'm not at the hospital though. He's only a couple of hours away. I could have easily taken the day off and made arrangements with my son's father to pick him up from school. I just don't want to be there with him listening to him moaning and groaning, waiting with his mother, who by the way thinks I'm to blame for all his problems. But that's another story. I love him but I just don't care. I don't wish him harm and I hope it's nothing serious, but right now I'd rather enjoy the peace in my home. He'll be home soon enough - for now I'm enjoying my little "vacation" from the insanity.