View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jrlcpl

Thanks to all for the support. STBXAW called tonight and I let her know what I was doing. Of course it did not go over well with her. She said she is better, that I need to wait for her to come home so we can spend time together, etc etc. Once she realized I was not changing my mind she got upset saying how could I do this while she was in treatment, I am breaking up our marriage (that was a laugher), etc etc.

She calls back with her counselor on the line and the counselor wants to make sure she understands what is going on. I tell her I am filing for divorce and the counselor says I should wait 6 months before I do anything. I guess my STBXAW failed to mentioned this has been going on for 5 years and the last year she has been in and out of treatment at least 7 times. I think I have waited long enough.

Anyway, the whole deal is just sad. We had some good times and I do not hate her. I still love a part of her. But she is just a shell of who she used to be. I told her I want nothing more then for her to recover but I just can't do it anymore. I plan to take the brunt of things in the divorce (we have some debt) so she can try and get on her feet, get a job and support herself. I want her to spend time with our kids IF she is sober. Who knows how it will work out. Again, thanks for the support. It's nice just to vent this stuff with people who understand.