View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

That is recovery.. progress.. not perfection.. .being able to "zoom out"!!

Yes I have not read that book completely but in the therapy group I attend it is our Bible. "The Language of Letting Go" is also a GREAT book, daily recovery tidbits to keep the focus where it needs to be...

There are many codependent traits I am now able to identify in others and in myself. I now get angry when I realize I am acting like a codie!! but well those patterns have been there for years and for generations, I am not going to change them in a single day either...! so for now just realizing I am behaving that way, and that its possible to behave in a DIFFERENT way, is a step forward thanks for the reminder! this changed my outlook today and now I feel better...

Donna sorry for hijacking your thread. Let us know what you decide. I was thinking living separately may not mean a separation, exactly... it can mean a Zoom out so you can clearly see what you really want in your life... often when we are "too close" we are unable to see the whole picture. At least that is what happened to me, distance away has given me much needed clarity.