View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

Another thing to consider, Marlin, is that it does not mean forever.
She will hit her bottom in her time, or not, but you can make the choice to scramble back to land and build a nice safe shelter for your sons and you.

I dont know what your Higher Power/universe concept is, but HP will help you if you help yourself to dry land (so to speak). You will know what to do because these choices to feed your positive life will bring you energy, releif, and, most importantly, clarity.

I had to put my A out. Many times, he hit bottom when I put him into the system, stopped paying his way out of his messes, and his family(however feebily) backed me up. It sounds like you have an ally in the Walgreens management. These actions will weigh on her, but only if others do not feel the pain for her, buffer the blow for her. If it gets painful enough, she will help herself. Perhaps not being a part of the family will be a shocker for her, maybe be painful enough for her...but try not to take the action in order to affect that result. Keep your eyes on the goal: getting yourself and your sons back to stability and clarity. She will either fall in somehow, or she will keep on her course until she does.

Good Luck. You are a good dad.