View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Originally Posted by MarlinVX View Post
I understand what you mean, but I don't have it in me. She has nowhere to go, her family won't take her, and the friends that would take her are part of the problem. She would only get worse. I know she would start whoring around, and if that happens, I will NEVER take her back. At least at this point, I am willing to salvage our relationship and help her in any way possible.
*IF* she were to "*****" around and whatnot, it would be entirely her choice, just like popping pills or taking yet another swig of booze were her choices. There may come a time when you decide that you've had enough of protecting her from the consequences of HER bad choices, at the expense of your children. She may not abuse them in any tangible way, but the interaction you both have together is teaching your children something about human relationships, whether you like it or not. Perhaps you'll get to the point where you want to offer your children a *sane*, healthy and consistent home, and let your wife, a grown woman, figure out her journey for herself.

By continually sheltering your AW from the consequences of her actions, you are robbing her of the dignity of finding recovery for herself. In addition, your children, who are the silent witnesses to all this madness, deserve a normal childhood. You have the power (and obligation I might add) to protect them from their mother who, at the moment, seems quite incapable of caring for them responsibly.

I would strongly advise talking to a lawyer about your obligations and rights with regards to custody, and perhaps temporary exclusive use of the family home.

If her family won't take her in, then she can discuss options with her counsellors in rehab. There are sober living facilities that exist. She could also (gasp) work and figure out how to sustain herself.

I do hope you keep posting and reading here as much as you like.