View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
betterlife

Can she realy be cured?

My sister in law is 49. She has been an alcoholic and drug addict for as long as I've known her (25 years). After many years of cocoaine use, 3 years ago she became addicted to crack cocaine and smoked away over a million dolars she had inherited from her inlaws in less than a year. Both her and her husband abuse alcohol and drugs and both were involved with crack cocaine. Because of her living away from the rest of our family, we only found out of her crack problem after she and her husband were arrested for domestic dispute, and after the police arrived they found 2 terrified children and house that was destroyed. My inlaws were able to get her in a rehab for 10 days -which I thought was way too short of a time to truly help her-. it has been 2 years since she went to rehab. She abstained from alcohol, following rehab. for only 10 days. She still continues to smoke marijuana daily (first thing in the morning until late at night) she drinks a bottle of vodka every night, and takes a number of pain pills. I have been very concerned for her because her children have since moved out and we are not around her all the time. I know first hand that she does not attend AA meetings and that she does not have a sponsor. Also I am concerned because the rest of the family believes she is cured regardless of the fact that she continues to use drugs and alcohol. Is it possible to use "other" drugs and completely quit the crack? My husband is convinced that she has made a full recovery despite her continuous use of alcohol and other drugs. Please advise.