View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
5LStang

I hate to say it but I'm so worried about him that I hadn't even considered the other people that would be at risk if he went to work drunk, this really bothers me but it's a great example of how you can't see the big picture if your to close to a situation.

Right now my 18 year old brother is watching him to make sure he doesn't do anything worse then continuing to drink. My brother isn't going to try to stop him from drinking for his own safety but if my father tries to leave the house he will keep him there until me me and his AA buddy get there. His AA buddy is 5min away and I'm about 15min away when I'm in a hurry.

I really want him to be the one to tell his AA buddy because if he doesn't want the help then I feel we'd only be aggravating the situation and in the end he'd just relapse again. He had the sense to seek out help the first time, I just hope he'll sober up enough to have the sense to do it again.

Thank you for the support, I really just need to talk out this situation so I can make sure I'm doing the right thing.